The Funimation platform announced through its official media that it has added to its catalog in Mexico and Brazil the original anime from Pierrot and Too Kyo Games studios, Akudama Drive. The series is available with Spanish subtitles and the first episode is only available to Premium Plus users at this time.
The series has been on air in Japan since last October 8 and is confirmed with twelve episodes. In fact, its premiere was originally scheduled for July this year, however, this was postponed due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production.
- Pierrot and Too Kyo Games studios are credited for the original idea.
- Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa franchise) is credited with the original story.
- Tomohiro Taguchi (Kino no Tabi, Sousei no Onmyouji) is directing the anime at Studio Pierrot.
- Norimitsu Kaihou (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen: Mirai Hen, Gakkou Gurashi!) Is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Cindy H. Yamauchi is adapting Rui Komatsuzaki's original character designs for animation.
- Aida Shigekazu is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Akudama Drive Synopsis
In this story, long ago the Kanto and Kansei regions had a war that divided the world. But at the end of the war, Kansei lost and swore allegiance to Kanto. However, the Kansei government and police force did not accept defeat, so crime dominated the region. These criminals are known as "Akudama" ...
Source: Official Twitter Account
© ぴ え ろ ・ TooKyoGames ／ ア ク ダ マ ド ラ イ ブ 製作 委員会