For several years, the United States has been a perfect example of a tense society regarding racism issues. The introduction of the "Black Lives Matter" movement has brought positive questions to the Color People Community in that country, although industries have also taken advantage of the initial objective and have wanted to convert it into a type: "as well as we support To people of color, you apply ". This is why the Anglolan Community in Networks coined the term "Blackwashing", which consists that people of color play white characters.
The "blackwashing" would make no sense in the anime industry, right? Because apparently part of the US community does not agree, since it could be said that "over-reacted" both positively and negatively knowing that Kimberley Anne Campbell, a person of color, was going to interpret Hayase Nagatoro in the English Anime Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Do not Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro).
How can you "over-react positively" to this? The answer is simple: "supposed representation". Apparently many people still believe that Hayane Nagatoro is a person of color (when both in the manga and at the anime is completely evidence that it is tanned by its outdoor activities), that's why they assured that this selection of dubbing actress was "An example of representation". That is, a person of color playing a color character, "as should always be," they say. On the other hand, the "negative over-reaction" comes from the same nature, people who believe that this is "alleged representation" expressed criticism about it:
- "Because I know they're going to ask about the voice actress. No, Nagatoro is not a color person, she just tanned. The tan lines of it are even shown in the first episode. But for those who need visual evidence, just look at the beach episode. "
- "People can not avoid being openly racist in comments and tweets cited. Definitely an example of what this community "really is" ".
- "Finally, a color voice actress will be interpreting a color character."
- "I love that there are people who care for a shit the dubbing today, but when they find out that a person of color is participating immediately, it backs".
- «I am very happy that Nagatoro is now canonically black! She really represents me ».
- «" Nagatoro is not black ", yes, of course, and all those protagonists of Shonen are Japanese but nobody complains that they are bent by white people. Either way, congratulations Kimberly! ».
- «Oh no, Crunchyroll promoting the" NI * GGATORO "...».
- "Then, there is no problem with which a white person plays Senpai (a Japanese), but subjects rise in weapons because Nagatoro is interpreted by a color person. Racism is clear in the anime community. "
On the other hand, Nanashi publishes the manga through the Magazine Pocket service of the Kodansha publisher since November 2017. An animated adaptation produced by the Telecom Animation Film studios, under the direction of Hirokazu Hanai (Kami No Tou, Saredo Tsumibito WA Ryuu to Odoru, Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD) and scripts written by Taku Kishimoto (Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi, Fruits Basket (2019), Fugou Keiji: Balance: Unlimited) was issued during the spring season-2021 (April-June) in Japan . The production of a second season is confirmed.
Synopsis of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
The Honorian student Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend his free time doing one thing, and that's annoying his senpai! After Nagatoro and her friends come across the drawings of the artist's aspirant, they enjoy bothering the timid Senpai bothering. Nagatoro decides to continue with the cruel game of him and he visits him daily to force Senpai to do what interests him at that moment, especially if that makes him feel uncomfortable.
Slightly interested in Nagatoro and something fearful of her, Senpai is constantly involved in her antics while her interests, hobbies, appearance and even personality are used against her while she entertains at her expense. As time passes, Senpai realizes that he does not dislike the presence of Nagatoro, and the two develop an uncomfortable friendship while one patiently supports other antics.
Source: Official Twitter Account
© ナナシ (著) / 講談社