Azur Lane barely surpassed 500 thousand Japanese players in the April-September period
On October 29, the company Game Age Souken Co., Ltd., carried out different analyzes on the use of applications and games for smartphones in Japan, as part of a monthly publication entitled "Monthly Game Trend Radar", where Active users were specified by application and / or games with online functionalities.
The service reported, for the period from April 1 to September 30, 2020, the following results in the "General" category, highlighting that the Azur Lane game is barely sustained with just over 500 thousand Japanese users.
- LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum – 7,212,668 usuarios.
- Pokémon GO – 4,519,986 usuarios.
- Monster Strike – 4,424,706 usuarios.
- Puzzle & Dragons – 3,054,351 usuarios.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – 2,649,968 usuarios.
- Fate/Grand Order – 2,502,615 usuarios.
- TNE ボコ – うさぎのポコタとクローバーやチェリーを集めろ ! ダンジョンでも遊べる無料パズル – 2,295,527 usuarios.
- Toon Blast – 2,073,939 usuarios.
- Dragon Quest Walk – 1,775,978 usuarios.
- Gardenscapes – 1,650,987 usuarios.
The smartphone game developed by Shanghai Manjuu and Xiamen Yongshi, Azur Lane did not reach the general category, however, it did so in the “Action Games” category, achieving 551,062 active users in the analysis period, lagging behind PUBG MOBILE (647,977 users), Identity V (704,792 users), Call of Duty Mobile (844,670 users) among others.
For its part, the original game was developed by Shanghai Manjuu and Xiamen Yongshi, and released for iOS and Android devices in 2017. Subsequently, Azur Lane: Crosswave was released for PC via Steam in February this year, and a release for the Nintendo Switch console in Japan was made on September 17.
The original installment has inspired numerous manga and light novel adaptations, as well as a twelve episode anime adaptation, produced by Bibury Animation Studios, directed by Tensho and scripts written by Jin Haganeya, released in October 2019.
© 2017 Yostar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2017 Manjuu Co., Ltd. & Yongshi Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved © gameage R&I Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved