On the official Twitter account for the COMITIA doujinshi convention, the start of a fundraising campaign was announced from August 28.
According to the official website, the main goals of this fundraising project are:
- Continue holding the COMITIA convention.
- Pay the management fees to the organizing committee for the first half of 2021.
- Cover expenses such as the facilities necessary to prevent the spread of infectious diseases on the day of the celebration.
The target amount of the collection is at least 30 million yen (approximately $ 280,000). The site reported that COMITIA Co., Ltd.'s gross profit in 2020 has been approximately 60 million yen less than in 2019. The reality facing the organizing committee is a great economic loss.
If the goal is achieved, the committee will be able to hold the COMITIA event in the first half of the year 2021. The money raised will be used in this event for the different expenses of renting space and equipment, as well as the conditioning of the facilities to prevent the contagion of infectious diseases among attendees. The latter represents a new expense for this convention.
Finally, regarding the benefits that donors can obtain for their support from a donation of 1,000 yen (approximately 9 dollars) to the project, some of the following benefits are included:
- Based on the COMITIA event mascots, "Kimipiko" and "Comitia-chan": An original illustration by Fumiyo Kouno, Tatsuki and Yasuhiro Nightow (for participating doujin circles). A catalog and advance ticket to the event (for participants in general).
- Additionally, benefits related to advertising have been prepared for companies by the organizing committee, such as the placement of propaganda in the event space and the catalog.
Source: Official Site