On the official website for the anime adaptation of the manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi, Dr. Stone, a new promotional video for its second season was published, which is also known as Dr. Stone: Stone Wars. In addition, it was revealed that the series will premiere on January 14, 2021 on Japanese television stations as well as on different streaming services globally.
A new visual for the series was also revealed.
Inagaki and Boichi began publishing the manga in Shueisha Publishing's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in March 2017.
Cast of voices
- Yuusuke Kobayashi as Senkuu Ishigami.
- Gen Satou as Chrome.
- Manami Numakura as Kohaku.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Tsukasa Shishiou.
- Makoto Furukawa as Taiju Ooki.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Gen Asagiri.
- Karin Takahashi as Suika.
- Kana Ichinose as Yuzuriha Ogawa.
- Kensho Ono as Ukyo Saionji
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Yo Uei
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Nikki Hanada
- Shinya Iino is in charge of directing the anime at TMS Entertainment studios.
- Yuuichirou Kido is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yuuko Iwasa is in charge of character design.
- Tatsuya Katou is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Jin Aketagawa.
- The opening theme will be performed by the Fujifabric band and will be titled “Paradise”.
- The closing theme will be performed by HATENA and will be titled “Voice?”.
Synopsis of Dr. Stone
One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, the Taiju high school student wakes up to find himself lost in a world of statues. However, you are not alone; Your science-loving friend has been working for a few months and has a big plan in mind: kick-start civilization with the power of science!
© 米 ス タ ジ オ ・ Boichi ／ 集 英 社 ・ Dr.STONE 製作 委員会