Following the leak of some pages from the next issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, a new visual was revealed for the second season of the anime adaptation of the manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi, Dr. Stone (also known as Dr. Stone: Stone Wars). In this new visual, it is announced that the series will premiere on January 14, 2021 through various television stations in Japan.
In the same leak, it is announced that a new promotional video for the anime will be published next Sunday.
Inagaki and Boichi began publishing the manga in Shueisha Publishing's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in March 2017.
Cast of voices
- Yuusuke Kobayashi as Senkuu Ishigami.
- Gen Satou as Chrome.
- Manami Numakura as Kohaku.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Tsukasa Shishiou.
- Makoto Furukawa as Taiju Ooki.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Gen Asagiri.
- Karin Takahashi as Suika.
- Kana Ichinose as Yuzuriha Ogawa.
- Shinya Iino is in charge of directing the anime at TMS Entertainment studios.
- Yuuichirou Kido is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yuuko Iwasa is in charge of character design.
- Tatsuya Katou is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Jin Aketagawa.
- The opening theme will be performed by the Fujifabric band and will be titled “Paradise”.
- The closing theme will be performed by HATENA and will be titled “Voice?”.
Synopsis of Dr. Stone
One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, the Taiju high school student wakes up to find himself lost in a world of statues. However, you are not alone; Your science-loving friend has been working for a few months and has a big plan in mind: kick-start civilization with the power of science!
© 米 ス タ ジ オ ・ Boichi ／ 集 英 社 ・ Dr.STONE 製作 委員会