A leak reported that the second season of the animated manga adaptation written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi, Dr. Stone, titled Dr. Stone: Stone Wars, has been listed with only one story arc (three months), so it will only have between twelve or thirteen episodes. The information will be confirmed shortly, with the revelation of the compiled volumes of this new series.
This second season has its premiere scheduled in Japan for January 14, 2021, as well as on streaming platforms internationally. For their part, Inagaki and Boichi began publishing the manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in March 2017.
Cast of voices
- Yuusuke Kobayashi as Senkuu Ishigami.
- Gen Satou as Chrome.
- Manami Numakura as Kohaku.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Tsukasa Shishiou.
- Makoto Furukawa as Taiju Ooki.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Gen Asagiri.
- Karin Takahashi as Suika.
- Kana Ichinose as Yuzuriha Ogawa.
- Kensho Ono as Ukyo Saionji
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Yo Uei
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Nikki Hanada
- Shinya Iino is in charge of directing the anime at TMS Entertainment studios.
- Yuuichirou Kido is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yuuko Iwasa is in charge of character design.
- Tatsuya Katou is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Jin Aketagawa.
- The opening theme will be performed by the Fujifabric band and will be titled “Paradise”.
- The closing theme will be performed by HATENA and will be titled “Voice?”.
Synopsis of Dr. Stone
One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, the Taiju high school student wakes up to find himself lost in a world of statues. However, he is not alone; His science-loving friend has been working for a few months and has a big plan in mind: kick-start civilization with the power of science!
© 米 ス タ ジ オ ・ Boichi ／ 集 英 社 ・ Dr.STONE 製作 委員会