On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima, Edens Zero, a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video shows a fragment of the opening theme performed by Takanori Nishikawa and titled “Eden through the rough”.
The series has its premiere scheduled in Japan for next April 10 through different television stations and distribution platforms, while none has announced its international distribution. On the other hand, Mashima has been publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher's Weekly Shonen Magazine since June 2018. The publisher published the thirteenth compiled volume on January 15 in Japan.
The work is also inspiring two video games developed by Konami, revealed during the Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online event in September 2020, with the first described as a 3D action role-playing game for consoles and the second as a role-playing game for smartphones. . More details will be revealed in the future.
Cast of voices
- Takuma Terashima as Shiki Granbell.
- Mikako Komatsu as Rebecca Bluegarden.
- Rie Kugimiya as Happy.
- Shinji Ishihara (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon) will serve as chief anime director at J.C. STAFF Studios, while Yuushi Suzuki (Fairy Tail) will serve as director.
- Mitsutaka Hirota (Zoids Wild, Kanojo Okarishimasu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yurika Sato (Shokugeki no Souma) is in charge of character design.
- Takanori Nishikawa performs the opening song titled “Eden through the rough”, while CHiCO with HoneyWorks performs the closing song titled “Bouken no VLOG”.
Edens Zero Synopsis
Shiki's life as the only human to inhabit the planet Granbell, a huge robot-controlled amusement park, is altered with the arrival of Rebecca and her cat Happy. After fleeing together due to a robot rebellion, they set out on an adventure-filled interstellar journey in search of Mother, a colossal female entity who knows the full truth about the mighty Shiki.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 真 島 ヒ ロ / 講 談 社 ・ NTV