A press release announced that the Sleeve written and illustrated by Miki Yoshikawa, Kakkou No Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos) will have an adaptation to the anime scheduled to be released in the year 2022. The statement revealed a promotional video, the cast of voices and The production team.
Yoshikawa, who is also author of Yamada-kun to 7-Nin No Majo (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches), started the Sleeve Publication in the Kodansha Editorial Shonen Magazine magazine in January 2020, after having published it Within a set of three One-Shots at the beginning of 2019 and submit them to a vote for serialization. The publisher published the fourth compilation volume on November 17, followed by the fifth on January 15 in Japan.
Cast of voices
- Kaito Ishikawa as Nagi Umino.
- Akari Kitou as Erika Amano.
- Hiroaki Akagi (Karakai Jouzu No Takagi-san, Mashiro NO OTO) is in charge of the anime direction in collaboration with Yoshiyuki Shirahata (Maoujoou de Oyasumi, Great Pretend) at Shin-Ei Animation and Synergy SP.
- Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun) is responsible for the writing and supervision of the scripts.
- Aya Takano (Shirokuma Café, Karakai Jouzu No Takagi-san) takes care of the design of characters.
Synopsis of Kakkou No Iinazuke
Nagi Umino, a second-year student of a prestigious preparatory, discovers that at birth he was wrongly delivered to another family for the hospital. One day, when she went to meet her biological parents, she runs into Erika Amano, a strange girl who tries to escape from marriage arranged by her parents. But Nagi and Erika discover that they have much more in common than they imagine!
Source: Comic Natalie
© 吉河 美希 · 講談社 / カッコウ の 許嫁 製作 委員会