Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time cancels its midnight shows
On the official Twitter account for the Neon Genesis Evangelion multimedia franchise, it was announced that the midnight screenings of the movie Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban: ||) have been canceled. The statement noted the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic and the declaration of a new state of emergency in at least four prefectures.
The statement also noted that the production team expressed their wishes for strength for all those who are suffering from the disease, as well as gratitude and respect to all medical personnel who are facing the pandemic. Regarding the premiere, fifteen cinemas in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka and Sapporo had planned to hold midnight screenings on January 23.
In fact, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, few premieres have had the privilege of having midnight performances, with Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen and Precure Miracle Leap Movie: Minna to no Fushigi na Ichinichi among them. Finally, the film did not mention anything regarding a general cancellation of the screenings, so it maintains its premiere date scheduled for January 23 in Japan.
Cast of voices
- Megumi Ogata as Shinji Ikari.
- Megumi Hayashibara as Rei Ayanami.
- Yuko Miyamura as Asuka Langley Shikinami.
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Misato Katsuragi.
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Gendou Ikari.
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Ritsuko Akagi.
- Maaya Sakamoto as Mari Illustrious Makinami.
- Hideaki Anno is directing the feature film at Studio Khara, in collaboration with Hiroyasu Kobayashi, Mahiro Maeda and Daisuke Onizuka.
- Takeishi Honda is in charge of the animation direction.
- Yutaka Izubuchi is in charge of character design.
- Shiro Sagisu is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Synopsis
In 2015, the world is on the brink of destruction. The last hope of humanity lies in the hands of NERV, a special agency under the command of the United Nations, and its Evangelions, giant robots capable of defeating the Angels who announce the ruin of the Earth. Gendou Ikari, head of the organization, is looking for compatible pilots who can sync up with the Evangelions and unleash their true potential. Aiding in this defensive endeavor are the talented strategist Misato Katsuragi, head of Tactical Operations, and Ritsuko Akagi, the chief scientist. Face to face with his father for the first time in years, the life of the 14-year-old boy, Shinji Ikari, has to change irreversibly when he is taken to the NERV facilities and discovers his heartbreaking destiny: he must become the pilot of the Evangelion Unit. -01 with the fate of humanity in his hands.
Source: Official Twitter Account
(c) カ ラ ー