The Eiga Rinri Kikou (Eirin), the body that grants classifications to film productions in Japan, revealed in its list that the fourth and last film of the Rebuild of Evangelion film project, entitled Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time, will have a duration of 154 minutes (2 hours and 34 minutes), being officially the longest film produced in this franchise.
The agency has also awarded the classification (G) to the feature film, indicating that anyone of any age is eligible to see it. This rating has also been awarded to all previous films in the franchise, and the standards in Japan do not necessarily have to match the standards in each country.
Finally, this film was scheduled to premiere on January 23 in Japan, however, due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production, the decision was made to delay it indefinitely. A new release date will be revealed as soon as it is decided.
Cast of voices
- Megumi Ogata as Shinji Ikari.
- Megumi Hayashibara as Rei Ayanami.
- Yuko Miyamura as Asuka Langley Shikinami.
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Misato Katsuragi.
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Gendou Ikari.
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Ritsuko Akagi.
- Maaya Sakamoto as Mari Illustrious Makinami.
- Hideaki Anno is directing the feature film at Studio Khara, in collaboration with Hiroyasu Kobayashi, Mahiro Maeda and Daisuke Onizuka.
- Takeishi Honda is in charge of the animation direction.
- Yutaka Izubuchi is in charge of character design.
- Shiro Sagisu is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Synopsis
In 2015, the world is on the brink of destruction. The last hope of humanity resides in the hands of NERV, a special agency under the command of the United Nations, and its Evangelions, giant robots capable of defeating the Angels who announce the ruin of the Earth. Gendou Ikari, head of the organization, is looking for compatible pilots who can sync up with the Evangelions and unleash their true potential. Aiding in this defensive endeavor are the talented strategist Misato Katsuragi, head of Tactical Operations, and Ritsuko Akagi, the chief scientist. Face to face with his father for the first time in years, the life of the 14-year-old boy, Shinji Ikari, has to change irreversibly when he is taken to the NERV facilities and discovers his heartbreaking destiny: he must become the pilot of the Evangelion Unit. -01 with the fate of humanity in his hands.
(c) カ ラ ー