On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Atsushi Ohkubo, Enen no Shouboutai (Fire Force), a new promotional image for the new story arc of the second season of the project was published.
The series premiered on July 3 on Japanese television and it is confirmed that it will have a total of 24 episodes. For his part, Ohkubo has been publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher's Weekly Shonen Magazine since September 2015. The publisher published the twenty-third compiled volume on May 15. The play inspired a 24-episode anime adaptation produced by David Production Studios, released in July 2019.
Cast of voices
- Gakuto Kajiwara as Shinra Kusakabe.
- Mao Ichimichi as Iris.
- Aoi Yuuki as Tamaki Kotatsu.
- Saeko Kamijou as Maki Oze.
- Yuusuke Kobayashi as Arthur Boyle.
- Kazuya Nakai as Akitaru Oubi.
- Kenichi Suzumura as Takehisa Hinawa.
- Mamoru Miyano as Benimaru Shinmon.
- Lynn as Hibana.
- Kenjirou Tsuda as Joker.
- Tatsuma Minamikawa (Ekimemo !, Nami yo Kiitekure) is directing the anime at David Production Studios, as well as writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kenichiro Suehiro (Golden Kamuy, Granbelm, Hataraku Saibou, Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Jin Aketagawa.
- Hideyuki Morioka (D.Gray-man, Hidamari Sketch, Kizumonogatari) is in charge of character design.
- Aimer performs the opening song for this second season titled "SPARK-AGAIN."
Synopsis of Fire Force
Terror has paralyzed the inhabitants of Tokyo after a phenomenon known as "spontaneous combustion" began to turn its inhabitants into a kind of flaming demons called infernal. Despite this, some people are able to handle flames and maintain their human form, thus giving them special abilities that divide them into first, second and third generation pyrokinetics. Within this chaos, our protagonist Shinra Kusakabe, a third-rate pyrokinetic generation, he joins the Eighth Company of the Fire Force Special Unit, which seeks to discover the truth behind the phenomenon of human combustion.
Source: Official Twitter Account
© 大 久保 篤 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 特殊 消防隊 動画 広 報 課