On the official site for the new animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Natsuki Takaya, Fruits Basket, a special video was posted recapping the events of the previous seasons and giving a small preview of the final season, titled Fruits Basket the Final. The advance begins at minute 5:52 of the video.
This final season has its premiere scheduled in Japan for next April, while the Funimation platform will handle its international distribution. The 25-episode first season premiered in Japan in April 2019, followed by a 25-episode second season in April 2020. This new adaptation of the Fruits Basket manga features an entirely new cast and production crew, just like you. Takaya asked. Also, unlike the 2001 adaptation, this time all the events of the manga will be covered.
Cast of voices
- Yuuma uchida as Kyou Souma.
- Manaka Iwami as Tooru Honda.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Yuki Souma.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Shigure Souma.
- Makoto Furukawa as Hatsuharu Souma.
- Megumi Han as Momiji Souma.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Ayame Sohma.
- Kazuyuki Fudeyasu as Hatori Souma.
- Satomi Sato as Saki Hanajima.
- Reina Ueda as Kisa Souma.
- Natsuki Takaya is serving as executive supervisor, while Yoshihide Ibata (Pikaia !!, FLCL Progressive) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment studios.
- Taku Kishimoto (Gin no Saji, Haikyuu !!, 91 Days, Hanebado!) Is in charge of the series composition.
- Masaru Shindou (Macross Δ, Oregairu) is in charge of character design.
Fruits Basket Synopsis
Tohru Honda has always been fascinated by the story of the Chinese Zodiac that her loving mother told her as a child. However, a sudden family tragedy changes her life and her subsequent circumstances leave her alone. Tooru is now forced to live in a tent, but little does she know that her temporary home resides on the Souma family's private property. Upon bumping into her home one day, she runs into Shigure, Souma's older cousin, and Yuki, the "prince" of her school. Tohru explains that she lives nearby, but the Soumas finally discover her well-kept secret of being homeless when they see her walking back to her tent one night. Things start to look up for Tohru as they kindly offer to take her in after learning of her. situation. But soon after, she gets caught up in a fight between Yuki and her short-tempered cousin Kyou. As she tries to stop them, she learns that the Souma family has a well-kept secret: every time they are hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they transform into the animals of the Chinese zodiac. With this new revelation, Tohru will discover that living with the Soumas is an unexpected adventure full of laughter and romance.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 高 屋 奈 月 ・ 白泉 社 ／ フ ル ー ツ バ ス ケ ッ ト 製作 委員会