Gotoubun no Hanayome: The Quintuplets' Seiyuus Commented On Season 2
The popular Japanese portal Animate Times conducted an interview with the five main members of the voice cast of the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Negi Haruba, Gotoubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets). The interviews have been published on the site in the order of birth of the quintuplets and consist of several questions, however, given their length, in this article only the two questions that were asked in common to the five members have been translated.
What was your impression when you learned that the second season would premiere in January 2021?
- Kana Hanazawa (Ichika Nakano): “I found out during the first season that the second season was already in production, and I was very excited to know when it would be released. Due to the effects of COVID-19, a special event that was to take place in May 2020 had to be canceled. Many people were looking forward to it because it would take place just before the originally scheduled date. However, I also think that other people had the opportunity to learn about the franchise in that period. In fact, many of my acquaintances like the series, and I am very happy that a release date has finally been secured. "
- Ayana Taketatsu (Nino Nakano): «Certainly, due to the effects of COVID-19, the transmission had to be postponed a bit. That is why when I learned that there was already a fixed date, I was relieved. When the second season was announced there was a lot of excitement on Twitter, so I was infected and I was also very eager for the premiere. Now I am relieved that it is going to be released safely.
- Miku Itou (Miku Nakano): «After the production of a second season was announced during a live event, I think we were all very anxious to already have a certain premiere date. I was very happy to hear it and to see the fans so excited, it seems that I was infected by their enthusiasm.
- Ayane Sakura (Yotsuba Nakano): «We really made them wait! However, she was certain that the series could not stay that way at the end of the first season, and when the second season was announced, the manga was nearing its final stretch. I felt that things moved at their own pace and now that it has officially started I am very grateful that everything went well.
- Inori Minase (Itsuki Nakano): “At the close of a special event, the production of the second season was announced, but I think that some expected the announcement from the close of the first. There was a somewhat sad atmosphere among the voice cast at the possibility that there would be no continuation. After all, for both manga and anime fans, the first season was full of tense moments, so the announcement of a sequel made us all happy. "
How did you feel about the growth of your character in the first season?
- Kana Hanazawa (Ichika Nakano): “At first, Ichika seemed not to be interested in romantic matters. Wasn't she great that as the series progressed she was letting her feelings come out? Fuutarou-kun had more contact with her and there came a point where I, like her voice, realized that they both began to notice each other. After that, on the school trip, the two were locked in the cellar and spent time together. I wonder, has their relationship made any progress? Maybe we will find out in the second season.
- Ayana Taketatsu (Nino Nakano): «Nino started the story by hating Fuutarou-kun, so everything started badly. While they all started his friendship with him from scratch, Nino definitely started with negative numbers. However, Nino began to get out of the negative points, and although I thought it would make him lose credibility, his attitude and the complicated way in which he expresses himself gradually made them become his positive points.
- Miku Itou (Miku Nakano): «I think Miku in the first season was quite childish, so much so that it was easy to figure out what she was thinking at any moment. So, I think the same thing happened with Fuutarou-kun, which perhaps helped them to get along and carry out their studies. At the end of the second season he decides to stop hiding his feelings from him and declared war on Ichika, so it's a tremendous change between the beginning and the end. I'm very excited about what will happen in the second season.
- Ayane Sakura (Yotsuba Nakano): «The first season, I consider, focused on the quintuplets as individuals, as if it were about showing each other's relationship with Fuutarou-kun. I think the second season will show the growth of the six as friends and family. However, in the first season I seemed to notice great growth as individuals in each of the girls. Yotsuba has always been attached to Fuutarou-kun, so there was no change in that. From my point of view, I can't say if it seemed right or not, but I think Yotsuba didn't really understand what Fuutarou-kun was thinking or wanted.
- Inori Minase (Itsuki Nakano): «I think my personality fit perfectly with Itsuki-chan's. She had a terrible first impression of Fuutarou-kun, so much so that she felt repelled to him and I can't believe how identified I feel with her. However, I think they both repel each other so much because, ironically, they are very similar to each other. I wondered if Fuutarou-kun's kindness and awkwardness would rub off on Itsuki-chan, with her setting her goals and dreams, as well as her dedication to making them come true, was something that really touched me. I am very excited about what is to come in the future.
Source: Animate Times (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
© 春 場 ね ぎ ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「五 等分 の 花嫁 ∬」 製作 委員会
Gotoubun no Hanayome Gotoubun no Hanayome Gotoubun no Hanayome Gotoubun no Hanayome