Through a filtration, the details of an interview were revealed to the written manga editor and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, Shingaki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Shintaro Kawakubo, where he revealed some details about the planning of the end of the work and the future of Isayama as author.
- (This interview with Shintaro Kawakubo was conducted a week before the thirty-fourth compilation volume of the manga (including the additional pages of the final chapter) was finished)
- Was the end of Shingeki performed not Kyojin executed as planned from the beginning?
- This is how we plan that the work ended from the beginning. The intermediate events were established during serialization, but how the main character would end the story had already been decided from the beginning, and that never changed. Being honest, Isayama wrote the story always with it in mind.
- Did not the content of the story in itself changed at any time?
- The content itself never changed, and although Isayama felt a great responsibility for it, he never thought about changing that ending.
- Did you think it would be a revolutionary work when he started?
- I knew it was going to be a masterpiece when he was next to him, and he wrote in the headbands of the second or third volume that this was the way to the true SHONEN SHONEN SHONE, but being an ancient story, a story of isolated people who They fight for their freedom. However, in the strict sense as editor, I did not think it would be "revolutionary".
- What was the part of the manga where Isayama had more doubts?
- The part where Sasha saves the girl. In the drafts it was a story where Sasha, in fact, dying. But, what was the point that she died at that point? I asked Isayama. He seemed worried about it, so in the end Sasha survived there.
- Is there any chance that a sequel or a Shingeki spin-off is not kyojin?
- Not actually. There is no reason that there is some sequel or derived work. We have heard many requests about the fans, but we regret tell them that it is not possible. In fact, Isayama is quite exhausted now, so even the next serialization of him is not yet decided.
Synopsis of Shingaki No Kyojin
A century ago, human beings faced their extinction when an unbeatable and terrifying enemy appeared: the Titans, gigantic monsters who devoured a large part of humanity and who forced the few survivors to be confined after high walls. After those walls is Eren Jaeger, a boy who dreams of piercing them to know the outside world and who lives his day by day with his parents, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman and his friend Armin Arlert. However, a fateful day, the Humanity recalls once again its destination when a Titan Gariff of sixty meters appears appearing at the first row of walls that protect humans from their most fearsome enemy. Thus, Eren, Mikasa and Armin lose their home and all hope at the same time our protagonist makes an oath: his goal in life will be to end all the Titans. In this way, a history of survival and war begins in which his characters must reveal the mystery that hides after the existence of these horrible beings.
© 諫山 創 (著) / Kodansha 講談社