Horimiya is already the romantic comedy with the most watched premiere on MyAnimeList
Since the premiere of the animated adaptation of the manga written by HERO and illustrated by Daisuke Hagiwara, Horimiya, on January 9, a total of 80,439 users of the MyAnimeList platform added the series to their list, breaking the record for the comedy series. romantic with the most watched debut on the platform. The record was previously set by the Kanojo anime, Okarishimasu (Rent A Girlfriend), with a total of 55,228 users in its first seven days.
This is perhaps unsurprising for those fans of the franchise, considering that the manga is currently ranked 13th in popularity across the platform (not just rom-coms), with over 121,000 users adding them to their personal charts. However, until MyAnimeList releases the official count within five days (after the bots and spam have been purged), there is still a chance that it will not become the most-watched romantic comedy series on the platform.
On the other hand, the series has been on air since last January 9, it is confirmed with a total of thirteen episodes and the distribution rights have been in the hands of the Funimation platform. The manga is published in Square Enix's Monthly G Fantasy magazine in October 2011, with fifteen compiled volumes published to date.
- Masashi Ishihama (Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai, Persona 5 the Animation, Senkou no Night Raid) is directing the project at CloverWorks Studios.
- Takao Yoshioka (100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, High School DxD) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Haruko Iizuka (Ensemble Stars !, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko., Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi) is in charge of character design.
- Masaru Yokoyama (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Fate / Apocrypha, Koi to Uso) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- You Kamiyama performs the opening song titled “Iro Kousui (色 香水)” while the Friends band performs the closing song titled “Yakusoku (約束)”.
Although admired at school for her kindness and academic prowess, high school student Kyouko Hori has been hiding another side of her. With his parents often away from home due to work, Hori has to take care of his younger brother and do household chores, having no time to socialize outside of school. Meanwhile, Izumi Miyamura is seen as a haunting otaku who uses glasses. However, he is actually a kind and inept person to study. In addition, he has nine piercings hidden behind his long hair, and a tattoo along his back and left shoulder. By pure chance, Hori and Miyamura cross paths outside of school, neither looking like the other would expect. These seemingly opposite poles become friends, sharing a side that they have never shown to anyone.
© HERO • 萩 原 ダ イ ス ケ / SQUARE ENIX • ホ リ ミ ヤ 製作 委員会