The Netflix platform published a commercial for the live-action series based on the manga written and illustrated by Haro Aso, Imawa no Kuni no Alice (also known as Alice in Borderland). The video reveals that the series will premiere on December 10 globally.
Aso began publication of the manga in Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday S magazine in November 2010 and ended it in March 2016, after the series entered its last arc a year earlier. The publisher compiled the work into a total of 18 volumes, and volumes 12, 13, and 14 included one OVA each.
Cast of actors
- Kento Yamazaki (live-action Kingdom, Orange, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso) as Ryouhei Arisu.
- Tao Tsuchiya (live-action Rurouni Kenshin, Orange, Toshokan Sensou, Aozora Yell) as Yuzuha Usagi.
- Shisuke Satou (live-action Bleach, Kingdom, Hottarake no Shima animated film - Haruka to Mahō no Kagami) is directing the feature film.
- Yoshiki Watabe and Yasuko Kuramitsu are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- ROBOT company is credited for planning and production.
Synopsis of Imawa no Kuni no Alice
Alice Ryouhei will be leaving high school soon, but she is trying to avoid thinking about her future. One night, when she goes out with her rude friend Karubi and her silly girl-crazy friend Chota, they see fireworks in the distance. After a particularly bright explosion, they discover that they have been transported to another world. In this "Borderland", people are forced to play potentially deadly games or simply choose to die. Will Chota, Karube and Ryouhei be able to survive in this dangerous new world? Is there a way to go back to your original lives?
Source: Comic Natalie
© 原作 ： 麻 生 羽 呂 「今 際 の 国 の ア リ ス」 （小学 館 「少年 サ ン デ ー コ ミ ッ ク ス」 刊）