On the official site for the film adaptation based on the novels written by Seiko Tanabe, Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi, a new promotional video of the project was posted. The video features the title track titled “Ao no Waltz” and the insert-song titled “Shinkai,” both performed by EVE.
The premiere is scheduled for December 25 in theaters in Japan. Tanabe published the original novels as part of a collection of short stories in 1985. The work inspired a live-action film released in 2003. In addition, a manga adaptation was published in Kadokawa publisher's Da Vinci magazine from the past February 6 to October 6.
Finally, the announcement also included a new promotional image. In addition, on December 25, the day of the film's premiere, a new promotional image will be published with the characters wearing winter clothes.
Cast of voices
- Taishi Nakagawa as Tsuneo Suzukawa ..
- Kaya Kiyohara as Josee.
- Yume Miyamoto as Mai Ninomiya.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Hayato Matsuura.
- Lynn as Kana Kishimoto.
- Kotaro Tamura (Noragami, Noragami Aragoto) is directing the feature film at Bones Studios.
- Nao Emoto (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo) was in charge of the original character designs, while Haruko Iizuka (Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau) is in charge of adapting them for animation.
- Sayaka Kuwamura (Strobe Edge) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Evan Call (Violet Evergarden) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi
The story centers on the relationship between Tsuneo and Josee. Tsuneo is a college student and Josee is a girl who rarely leaves home on her own because she can't walk. The two meet when Tsuneo meets Josee's grandmother, while they both go for a walk.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 2020 Seiko Tanabe / KADOKAWA / Josee Project