At the sixty-edition of the Japanese Science Fiction Convention (also known as the Nihon SF Taikai), the list of nominees for the fifty-second edition of the Seiun awards, on April 24 was revealed. The list of nominees in the "comic category / manga", includes:
- Kimetsu no Yaiba, by KoyoHaru Gotouge (complete with twenty-three volumes).
- Kimi WO Shinasenai Tame No Storia, by Toriko Gin (complete with eight volumes).
- Hoozuki No Reitetsu (Hozuki's CoolHeadedness), by Natsumi Eguchi (complete with thirty-one volumes).
- Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland), by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu (complete with twenty volumes).
- Gakkougurashi! (School-Live!), By Norimitsu Kaihou and Sadorau Chiba (complete with twelve volumes).
- Hinamatsuri, by Masao Ohtake (complete with nineteen volumes).
This year's prizes will be again separated into nine categories, which include: "Japanese novel", "Japanese Short History", "Foreign novel translated", "Media", Comic "," Art ", "Nonfiction" and "free category". Each category has between six and ten nominees, which were chosen from the premiered projects (or launched some volume) between January 1 and December 31, 2020 in Japan. Those registered at the Convention can vote online between April 24 and June 15 of this year, and the results will be revealed in the main event that will be held on August 21 and 22 of this year.
The "seiun shou" literally translated as the "Neébula Awards", but the Seiun Awards of Nihon SF Taikai are more similar to Hugo Awards, since those attending each respective convention are those who vote for the winners. There is another set of prizes and, as in the Hugo Awards, the Seiun Awards recognize any form of speculative fiction, including science fiction and related materials.