At the sixty-edition of the Japanese Science Fiction Convention (also known as the Nihon SF Taikai), the list of nominees for the fifty-second edition of the Seiun awards, on April 24 was revealed. The list of nominees in the "Media category", includes:
- Deca-dence (Anime Series).
- NHK Drama Kisibe Rohan WA Ugokanai (Live-Action Series).
- Eizouken Ni Wa WO Dasu Na! (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!) (Live-Action Series).
- ID: Invaded (Anime Series)
- BNA: Brand New Animal (Anime Series).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen RESSHA-HEN (anime movie).
- Precure Miracle Leap Movie: Minna to No Fushigi na ichinichi (anime movie).
- Kuutei Dragons (Drifting Dragons) (Anime Series).
- Maeda Kensetsu Fantasy Eigyoubu (Live-Action movie).
This year's prizes will be again separated into nine categories, which include: "Japanese novel", "Japanese Short History", "Foreign novel translated", "Media", Comic "," Art ", "Nonfiction" and "free category". Each category has between six and ten nominees, which were elected from the projects premiered between January 1 and December 31, 2020 in Japan. Those registered at the Convention can vote online between April 24 and June 15 of this year, and the results will be revealed in the main event that will be held on August 21 and 22.
The "seiun shou" literally translated as the "Neébula Awards", but the Seiun Awards of Nihon SF Taikai are more similar to Hugo Awards, since those attending each respective convention are those who vote for the winners. There is another set of prizes and, as in the Hugo Awards, the Seiun Awards recognize any form of speculative fiction, including science fiction and related materials.