On the official website for the anime adaptation of the play written by Bun-O Fujisawa, Mars Red, it was revealed that the series will premiere in April 2021 through 3 Japanese broadcasters as well as on the streaming platform Funimation for the rest of the world.
Two new members of the voice cast were also announced.
Koichi Yamadera as Tokuichi Yamagami
Miyuki Sawashiro as Deffrot
The first theatrical production based on the Mars Red script was presented in 2013, followed by new productions in 2015 and 2017. A manga adaptation has been published by Kemuri Karakara since last January 4, in Monthly Comic Garden magazine. from Mag Garden publishing house.
Cast of voices
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Shutaro Kurusu.
- Junichi Suwabe as Yoshinobu Maeda.
- Akira Ishida as Takeuchi.
- Kenichi Suzumura as Suwa.
- Ayahi Takagaki as Misaki.
- Makoto Furukawa as Rufus Glenn.
- Fumiko Orikasa as Aoi Shirase.
- Hiroshi Yanaka as Sounosuke Nakajima.
- Sachi Kokuryu as Shinnosuke Tenmaya.
- Kouhei Hatano is directing the anime at Signal.MD studios.
- Junichi Fujisaku is in charge of series composition.
- Yukari Takeuchi is in charge of character design.
- Toshiyuki Muranaka is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Mars Red Synopsis
The story takes place in 1923, and in a period in which vampires exist. But now, the number of vampires has increased and the source of blood called Ascra appeared in the world. The Japanese government, consequently, creates "Code Zero", an army unit that will face the rampaging vampires. And what is better at fighting vampires than other vampires? Created by Lieutenant General Nakajima, the unit has long been used to obtain war information, but has recently been reassigned to combat the vampire crisis. It will be the responsibility of the “Code Zero” unit and the S-class vampire, Deffrot, to investigate the strange increase in vampires before society collapses.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 藤 沢 文 翁 ／SIGNAL.MD／MARS RED 製作 委員会