On October 20, 1999, the first episode of the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, One Piece, was broadcast in Japan. Therefore, the series is now celebrating its 21st broadcast anniversary.
For his part, Eiichiro Oda has been publishing the manga in Shueisha publishing house's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since July 1997. The publishing house published the ninety-sixth compilation volume on April 3, and the ninety-seventh on September 16 in Japan.
Recently, the Netflix platform acquired the distribution rights for this animated adaptation in Latin America and Brazil, publishing the 61 episodes of the "East Blue Saga" with Spanish subtitles and a new dubbing into Latin Spanish.
Cast of voices
- Mayumi Tanaka as Luffy Monkey D.
- Kazuya Nakai as Zoro Roronoa.
- Hiroaki Hirata as Sanji.
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Robin Nico.
- Akemi Okamura as Nami.
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Usopp.
- Ikue Ootani as Chopper Tony Tony.
- Cho as Brook.
- Kazuki Yao as Franky.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Law Trafalgar.
- Kounosuke Uda (1-278), Junji Shimizu (131-159), Munehisa Sakai (244-372), Hiroaki Miyamoto (352-679), Satoshi Itou (780-782), Tatsuya Nagamine (780-782), Kouhei Kureta (892-) and Aya Komaki (892-) have been directing at Toei Animation Studios.
- Junki Takegami (1-195), Hirohiko Uesaka (196-798) and Shouji Yonemura (799-) have been in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kohei Tanaka and Shirou Hamaguchi are in charge of composing the soundtrack.
One Piece Synopsis
The story centers on Monkey D. Luffy, a young pirate who ventures into the East Blue Ocean to find the "One Piece", the most important hidden treasure for pirates, since whoever finds it will be proclaimed the King of the Pirates Luffy will create his own group known as the Straw Hat Pirates, and will recruit new members at the same time that he will meet enemies, criminal organizations, revolutionaries and the World Government itself.
© 尾 田 栄 一郎 / 集 英 社 ・ フ ジ テ レ ビ ・ 東 映 ア ニ メ ー シ ョ ン @SHUEISHA Inc.