On the official site for the Netflix original anime produced by the Bones and Orange studio collaboration, Godzilla Singular Point, a new promotional image for the project was posted. The press release also confirmed that the band BiSH will perform the project's opening theme song.
The series will premiere in Japan on April 1 through different distributors, however the Netflix platform will premiere it in advance on March 25, with a new episode weekly only in Japan. The platform will premiere the series globally soon.
The most recent project based on Godzilla was the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Youth Kurahashi, Godzilla: Kaijuu Wakusei. This consisted of a film project of three films produced by Polygon Pictures studios, and released in November 2017, May 2018 and November 2018, respectively.
Cast of voices
- Shouya Ishige as Yun Arikawa.
- Yume Miyamoto as Mei Kamino.
- Ayako Takeuchi as Satomi Kanehara.
- Masako Isobe as Tilda Miller.
- Rune Onodera as Lina Burn.
- Kenta Miyake as Michael Stephen.
- Misaki Kuno as Pero 2.
- Kaho Kouda as Keiei Li.
- Rie Kugimiya as Jung
- Atsushi Takahashi (Ao no Exorcist Movie, RideBack, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) is directing the anime at Bones Studios in collaboration with Orange Studios.
- Toh EnJoe (Shisha no Teikoku, Space ☆ Dandy) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Satoshi Ishino (Classroom ☆ Crisis, Date A Live) and Eiji Yamamori (Mononoke Hime) are handling the character design.
- Kan Sawada (Pokemon: Pikachu Tankentai, Yowamushi Pedal) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Godzilla Singular Point
This series features an original story, showing young geniuses Mei Kamino, a researcher, and Yun Arikawa, an engineer, as they take on an unprecedented threat with their peers. When danger arises from the depths, only young geniuses Mei, Yun, and his team can face the threat at Godzilla Singular Point!
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 2020 TOHO CO., LTD.