The second compiled Blu-ray volume of the animated manga adaptation written and illustrated by Kagiji Kumanomata, Oyasumi's Maoujou (Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle), was reported to have reached 1,296 copies sold in its first week since its release.
This volume was released in Japan on February 17 and includes the fifth to eighth episodes of this series. This Blu-ray volume also includes an artwork booklet, a preferred pass to purchase tickets for a special event taking place on June 27, and some other benefits, and is available at a price of 15,400 yen (approximately $ 148). . Thus, the volumes have performed as follows:
- Package 1, released December 16, 2020 - 1,093 copies sold in its first week.
- Pack 2, released February 17, 2021 - 1,296 copies sold in its first week.
The series premiered during the Fall-2021 season and ran for a total of twelve episodes. For his part, Kumanomata began publishing the manga in Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine in May 2016.
- Mitsue Yamazaki (Dumbbell Nan-Kilo Moteru ?, Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai) is directing the anime at Doga Kobo Studios, with the assistance of Sumie Noro.
- Yoshiko Nakamura (Kabukibu !, Hiiro no Kakera - The Tamayomi Princess Saga) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Ai Kikuchi (New Game !, Dumbbell Nan-Kilo Moteru?) Is in charge of character design, with Chiaki Nakajima as sub-character designer.
- Yukari Hashimoto (3-gatsu no Lion, Osomatsu-san) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Oyasumi's Maoujou Synopsis
Shhh! Princess Syalis is trying to get a good night's sleep. A long time ago, when people and demons coexisted, not in total harmony of course, a demon king kidnapped a human princess and locked her in her castle. Stripped away, the princess's subjects thought incessantly of a solution… until the hero emerges to lead the princess's rescue mission! While waiting for her knight in shining armor, what should an imprisoned princess do? The bat-winged teddy bears aren't bad, but her cell is so boring! Then, she will decide to spend the long hours sleeping, if only she could make herself comfortable ... if only she did not suffer from insomnia ...
© 熊 之 股 鍵 次 ・ 小学 館 ／ 魔王 睡眠 促進 委員会 （仮）