The Japanese portal Myjitsu published an article entitled "The Otakus went crazy by a voice actress. Why are Seiyuus assembling when they wear faces? ", Where different cases were pointed out where different voice actresses in Japan were criticized by fans for using faces marking clothes. «Saori Oonishi, a voice actress that has been active for several years and multiple productions, recently as Mejiro McQueen in Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, starring a photograph of high quality sports shoes", which caused the Furia of fans, for some reason ".
"The beginning of this story is a photograph of Oonishi-san found by a fan. In that image, Oonishi dresses a pair of sports shoes with strawberry prints, released by the Gucci brand. This footwear is valued at around 120,000 yen, which amounts to just over $ 1,000. It seems that neither fans of the voice actress nor fans of the anime industry were able to accept the fact, because in networks the following comments emerged. "
- "Wow, look what he does with the money he gets from otakus."
- «It is impressive what the name of a brand can do. No matter how ugly the design is, only because they are Gucci are perceived as "fine", is not it? "
- «Are those sports shoes cost 120,000 yen? Oh God, how many regular pairs could buy with that money ... ».
- "I thought that their sports shoes were cute, but when I saw the design and brand ... even being used, will they have such a high value in the market?"
- "Sure, 120,000 yen spent in sports shoes sound definitely as an exaggeration, but it is a sign that Oonishi-san is working hard. However, it seems that fans of voice actresses are blinded by an egoistic ideal, because they inevitably expect them to live in the same miserable way as them. "
"This trend is especially directed and represented by the fanatics of voice actresses, because there are usually" hunts of luxurious objects "in the photos around the Internet, something that women do not criticize on voice actors in Japan. In 2017, the popular Ayana Taketatsu voice actress was involved in a controversy of this type. When he climbed a photograph to his Twitter account, fans immediately identified that his dress cost around 30,000 yen (about $ 290), and people began to criticize her in networks saying: "I do not understand how he can spend so much on something like that" ».
"Kana Hanazawa, another popular voice actress, starred in a similar controversy by its outfits and its accessories, especially its bags, which were identified from the Maison Margiela brand. When some fans became crazy about Taketatsu-san's outfit, some commented: "The fact that they are making a tantrum for a 30,000 yen dress to make me cry. It means that you have never had a girlfriend and probably have no idea that any woman spends pretty money in clothes, and on things that she will surely only use once in her life "».