While there are still some doubts about the official release date of the final season of the anime adaptation of Hajime Isayama's manga, Shingeki no Kyojin, the reader can get an idea of how highly anticipated this series is by observing that the trailer Subtitled by a fan has exceeded 11 million views (subtitles are activated in the video options).
It is worth mentioning that the official version of the trailer, which was directed by Shuhei Yabuta (Vinland Saga), has barely exceeded 8 million views since its publication at the end of May.
Isayama began publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher's Bessatsu Shonen Magazine in September 2009. The publisher published the thirty-first compiled volume on April 9 and will publish the thirty-second on September 9.
Cast of voices
- Yui Ishikawa as Mikasa Ackerman.
- Yuki Kaji as Eren Yeager.
- Marina Inoue as Armin Arlert.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Levi Ackerman.
- Romi Park as Hange Zoe.
- Yuu Kobayashi as Sasha Blouse.
- Kishou Taniyama as Jean Kirstein.
- Shiori Mikami as Krista Lenz.
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Reiner Braun.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) is directing the anime at MAPPA studios.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) will be in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroyuki Sawano will be in charge of composing the soundtrack alongside Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga).
Shingeki no Kyojin Synopsis
A century ago, human beings faced their extinction when an unbeatable and terrifying enemy appeared: the Titans, gigantic monsters that devoured much of humanity and forced the few survivors to confine themselves behind high walls. Behind these walls is Eren Jaeger, a boy who dreams of crossing them to see the outside world and who lives his day to day with his parents, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman and his friend Armin Arlert. However, one fateful day, the Humanity remembers its fate once again when a gargantuan sixty meter titan appears before the first row of walls that protect humans from their most fearsome enemy. Thus, Eren, Mikasa and Armin lose their home and all hope as our protagonist takes an oath: his goal in life will be to destroy all the titans. In this way, a story of survival and war begins in which its characters must unravel the mystery behind the existence of these horrible beings.
© 諫 山 創 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「進 撃 の 巨人」 The Final Season 製作 委員会