In the official Twitter account for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, Shingeki no Kyojin, a series of illustrations was published to commemorate the broadcast of the eleventh episode for the final season of the anime (episode number 70 taking into account the previous seasons). The first image stars Gabi and was created by Michelle Sugimoto, animation director who is part of the series' production team.
The second illustration was created by Mushiyo, one of the animators of the series.
Similarly, MAPPA animation studios published two illustrations with sketches of the character Kaya.
This final season premiered in Japan on December 7 and is confirmed with a total of 16 episodes that will be broadcast continuously. The platforms Crunchyroll and Funimation are in charge of the distribution of the series in Latin America, with the second also offering dubbing into Latin Spanish, although limited to Mexico and Brazil.
Isayama began publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher's Bessatsu Shonen Magazine in September 2009. The publisher published the thirty-first compiled volume on April 9, and the thirty-second on September 9.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) is directing the anime at MAPPA studios.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) will be in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroyuki Sawano will be in charge of composing the soundtrack alongside Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga).
- The opening theme will be performed by Japanese band Shinsei Kamattechan (Opening of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Ending of Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2) and will be titled “My Last War”. The closing theme will be performed by the Japanese singer Yuuko Andou (without previous participation) and will be titled "Shock".
Shingeki no Kyojin Synopsis
A century ago, human beings faced extinction when an unbeatable and terrifying enemy appeared: the titans, gigantic monsters that devoured much of humanity and forced the few survivors to confine themselves behind high walls. Behind those walls is Eren Jaeger, a boy who dreams of crossing them to see the outside world and who lives his day to day with his parents, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman and his friend Armin Arlert. However, one fateful day, the Humanity remembers its fate once again when a gargantuan sixty meter titan appears before the first row of walls that protect humans from their most fearsome enemy. Thus, Eren, Mikasa and Armin lose their home and all hope as our protagonist takes an oath: his goal in life will be to destroy all the titans. In this way, a story of survival and war begins in which its characters must unravel the mystery behind the existence of these horrible beings.
Source: Official Site
© 諫 山 創 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「進 撃 の 巨人」 The Final Season 製作 委員会