In a post made by the platform MyAnimeList, it was revealed that, according to their records, the first episode of the season of the animated manga adaptation written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, Shingeki no Kyojin, officially titled Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, had the most watched premiere among platform users in the entire history of the site. On December 13, 144,668 users listed the series as “Watching”, overthrowing the third season of Boku no Hero Academia, which had 107,042 users.
In response, MyAnimeList added that "spam accounts" or "fake accounts" could also be considered in the number, but that Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season would still dominate even if all accounts that immediately rated "1" are removed. or "10" to the series from its first day.
This final season premiered in Japan on December 7 and is confirmed with a total of 16 episodes that will be broadcast continuously. The platforms Crunchyroll and Funimation are in charge of the distribution of the series in Latin America, with the second also offering dubbing into Latin Spanish, although limited to Mexico and Brazil.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) is directing the anime at MAPPA studios.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) will be in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroyuki Sawano will be in charge of composing the soundtrack alongside Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga).
- The opening theme will be performed by Japanese band Shinsei Kamattechan (Opening of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Ending of Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2) and will be titled “My Last War”. The closing theme will be performed by the Japanese singer Yuuko Andou (No previous participation) and will be titled “Shock”.
Shingeki no Kyojin Synopsis
A century ago, human beings faced extinction when an unbeatable and terrifying enemy appeared: the titans, gigantic monsters that devoured much of humanity and forced the few survivors to confine themselves behind high walls. Behind these walls is Eren Jaeger, a boy who dreams of crossing them to see the outside world and who lives his day to day with his parents, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman and his friend Armin Arlert. However, one fateful day, the Humanity remembers its fate once again when a gargantuan sixty meter titan appears before the first row of walls that protect humans from their most fearsome enemy. Thus, Eren, Mikasa and Armin lose their home and all hope as our protagonist takes an oath: his goal in life will be to destroy all the titans. In this way, a story of survival and war begins in which its characters must unravel the mystery behind the existence of these horrible beings.
© 諫 山 創 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「進 撃 の 巨人」 The Final Season 製作 委員会