Shirobako's film exceeds 12 thousand copies sold with its Blu-ray / DVD
It was reported that the film project based on the original anime from P.A. Works, Shirobako, titled Gekijouban Shirobako (Shirobako Movie), reached 12,810 copies sold less than a week after its release.
These physical formats were released in Japan on January 8, with the limited edition Blu-ray priced at 10,800 yen ($ 104) and 1,863 copies sold; the standard version of Blu-ray priced at 6,800 yen ($ 65) and getting 10,380 copies sold; and the DVD version at a price of 5,800 yen ($ 56) and getting 567 copies sold.
The feature film originally premiered in Japan on February 29 and is a direct continuation of the story presented in the anime, which was released in October 2014, with 24 episodes. In addition, a remastering of the film was released in Japan on August 28.
- Tsutomu Mizushima (Another, Girls & Panzer, Prison School) directed the film at P.A.WORKS Studios.
- Michiko Yokote (Bleach, Dagashi Kashi, Gintama) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Ponkan8 (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Was in charge of character design, with Kanami Sekiguchi in charge of animation direction.
- Shirou Hamaguchi (Aa! Megami-sama! (TV), Girls & Panzer) was in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- Fhána performed the main theme song titled “Hoshi wo Atsumete (星 を あ つ め て)”.
Shirobako Movie Synopsis
The film's story takes place four years after the original events of Shirobako. Aoi Miyamori keeps busy dealing with ordinary problems in her day job at Musashino Animation. After a morning meeting, Watanabe talks to Aoi and puts her in charge of a new film project for the studio. The project has unexpected problems, and Aoi is unsure whether the company will be able to continue producing a motion picture animation with the current state of affairs. While dealing with this anxiety, Aoi meets a new colleague named Kaede Miyai. She and the MusAni team will work together to complete the project.
(c) 2020 劇場版 「SHIROBAKO」 製作 委員会