On the official Twitter account for the original animation project Shirobako, it was announced that the animated film Shirobako Movie will be released in Blu-ray / DVD formats on January 8, 2021.
The feature film originally premiered in Japan on February 29 and is a direct continuation of the story presented in the anime, which was released in October 2014, with 24 episodes. In addition, a remastering of the film was released in Japan on August 28.
Finally, a special edition of this release will include an illustration by Kanami Sekiguchi, Noriko Morishima and Ponkan8; as well as a CD with the original soundtrack and insert songs, with an added booklet of illustrations.
Cast of voices
- Juri Kimura as Aoi Miyamori.
- Haruka Yoshimura as Ema Yasuhara.
- Haruka Chisuga as Shizuka Sakaki.
- Asami Takano as Misa Toudou.
- Hitomi Ohwada as Midori Imai.
- Shuuya Nishiji as Yutaka Honda.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Tatsuya Ochiai.
- Yuri Yamaoka as Erika Yano.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Tarou Takanashi.
- Ai Kayano as Rinko Ogasawara.
- Masaya Matsukaze as Hayabusa Watanabe.
- Mai Nakahara as Yuka Okitsu.
- Tsutomu Mizushima directed the film at P.A.WORKS Studios.
- Michiko Yokote was in charge of supervising the scripts.
- Ponkan8 was in charge of the character design.
- Kanami Sekiguchi was in charge of the animation direction.
- Shiroh Hamaguchi was in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Shirobako Movie Synopsis
The animation studio "Musashino Animation", the place where Aoi Miyamori started working shortly after graduation, is selected to produce a feature film. Miyamori, who has been suffering enough with everyday work, is now worried whether the studio (in her current situation) will be able to do the job. Fortunately, during this period she will meet new colleagues and members of "Musashino Animation" and, together, they will be in charge of carrying out such a titanic task.
Source: Official Twitter Account
(c) 2020 劇場版 「SHIROBAKO」 製作 委員会