On the official site for the animated adaptation of the written manga and illustrated by Souichirou Yamamoto, Sordemo Ayumu WA Yosetekuru (When Will Ayumu Make His Move?), The first promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for next July and confirms the cast of voices and production equipment.
Yamamoto began the publication of the manga as a WebComic titled Shougi No Yatsu in 2018 and published through his personal Twitter account. Subsequently, he began his publication through the magazine Weekly Shonen Magazine of the Kodansha Editorial in March 2019. He is also the author of the Karakai Jozu No Takagi-san manga (Teasing Master Takagi-san), which publishes through Monthly magazine Shonen Sunday of Shogakukan since June 2013.
Cast of voices
- Youhei Azakami as Ayumu Tanaka.
- Kanna Nakamura as Urushi Yaotome.
- Tsubasa Gouda as Takeru Kakuryuu.
- Hina Youmiya as Sakurako Mikage.
- Mirai Minato (Masamune-Kun No Revenge, Maou Gakuin No Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou No Maou Non Shiso, Tensei Shite Shison-Tachi No Gakkou E Kayou, Itai No WA IYA BOUGYORYOKU NI KYOKUFURI SHITAI TO OMIMIMASU) is in charge of the direction of the Anime at Silver Link studios.
- Deko Akao (Noragami, Akagami No Shirayuki-Hime, Komi-San Wa, comyushou desu) is in charge of writing and supervision of scripts.
- Kazuya Hirata (Steins, Gate, Toradora!, Darker Than Black: Kuro No Keiyakusha) is responsible for the design of characters.
Synopsis of Sordemo Ayumu WA Yosetekuru
By Capricho, Ayumu Tanaka, first-year, leaves Kendo Club to join the illegitimate Shogi Club. Urushi Yaotome, president of the Club and Teacher of Shogi, is delighted with having finally gotten a game companion. As Senpai de Ayumu, Urushi strives to be her mentor at the Shogi and her student model. However, too often, she blushes as shame! With a pretty honest face, Ayumu does not see any problem when calling her "Linda" and, although his feelings are evident, it is abstained from confessing them and promises that he will first be held in a game of Shogi.A through his school life and games Shogi, the two students will have many fun and moving adventures. Ayumu enjoys every second of her with Urushi, but she is still far from overcoming her in a game of Shogi. With the commitment he became with himself, do you ever have the opportunity to confess her feelings to Urushi?
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 山本 崇一朗 · 講談社 / 「それでも 歩 は 寄せ て くる」 製作 委員会