With a live-action film scheduled to premiere on December 12 and a second season of the animated adaptation scheduled for January 7, 2021, the following months will be full of emotions for fans of the manga written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu, Yakusoku no Neverland.
The creators recently took part in an interview related to the release of a picture book, going into detail about the future of the animated franchise in regards to other projects, and hinting that there might be more news to come in the future when it comes to the story of Emma, Ray and Norman.
- Kaiu Shirai: It has not yet been decided when and how it will be, but I want to return correctly to the points in the story that the readers interpreted as loose ends. I am aware that some of them have not been resolved or been clear, so I want you to be calm.
- Posuka Demizu: There are some other things, like the second season of the anime and the live-action movie.
- Kaiu Shirai: Besides that, there could be a few more things. Please wait for them! (laughs)
- Posuka Demizu: If so, then I would like to say that I hope I am in good health to see it.
- Kaiu Shirai: That is also true. Health is important!
On the other hand, Shirai and Demizu began publishing the manga in Shueisha publisher's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in August 2016 and ended it in June 2020. The publisher published the nineteenth compiled volume on July 3, followed by twentieth and last on October 2.
The play inspired an anime adaptation released in January 2019. A live-action film with slight modifications to the plot will be released on December 18. A second season of the anime was confirmed to premiere in October 2020, but due to the current health situation in Japan, it will now be released in January 2021.
Synopsis of Yakusoku no Neverland
En Grace Field House, la vida no podría ser mejor para los huérfanos. Junto con los otros niños y una amable “mamá” que se preocupa por ellos, forman una gran familia feliz. Nunca se pasa por alto a ningún niño, especialmente dado que todos son adoptados a la edad de 12 años. Sus vidas diarias implican pruebas rigurosas, pero después, se les permite jugar afuera.
Solo hay una regla que deben obedecer: no abandonar el orfanato. Pero un día, dos huérfanos de alto puntaje, Emma y Norman, se aventuran a cruzar la puerta y descubren la horrible realidad detrás de toda su existencia: todos son ganado, y su orfanato es una granja para cultivar alimentos para una misteriosa raza de demonios. Con poco tiempo para llevar a cabo un plan de escape, los niños deben de alguna manera cambiar su destino.
© 出水 ぽ す か (著), 白 井 カ イ ウ (原著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社