A commercial for the project was posted on the official Twitter account for the film adaptation based on the novels written by Seiko Tanabe, Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi (Josee, the Tiger and the Fish). The video features the main theme song titled “Ao no Waltz” and performed by EVE.
The premiere is scheduled for December 25 in theaters in Japan. Tanabe published the original novels as part of a collection of short stories in 1985. The work inspired a live-action film released in 2003. Additionally, a manga adaptation was published in Kadokawa publisher's Da Vinci magazine from the past February 6 to October 6.
Cast of voices
- Taishi Nakagawa as Tsuneo Suzukawa ..
- Kaya Kiyohara as Josee.
- Yume Miyamoto as Mai Ninomiya.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Hayato Matsuura.
- Lynn as Kana Kishimoto.
- Kotaro Tamura (Noragami, Noragami Aragoto) is directing the feature film at Bones Studios.
- Nao Emoto (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo) was in charge of the original character designs, while Haruko Iizuka (Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau) is in charge of adapting them for animation.
- Sayaka Kuwamura (Strobe Edge) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Evan Call (Violet Evergarden) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi
The story centers on the relationship between Tsuneo and Josee. Tsuneo is a college student and Josee is a girl who rarely leaves the house on her own due to her being unable to walk. The two meet when Tsuneo meets Josee's grandmother, while they both go for a walk.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 2020 Seiko Tanabe / KADOKAWA / Josee Project