On the official site for the original anime of director Masaomi Ando, Gyakuten Sekai No Denchi Shoujo, a new promotional video for the project was published. The video confirms that the series has its premiere scheduled for the next October 11 in Japan, and shows a fragment of the closing theme entitled "Reverse-Rebirth" and played by Aina Suzuki.
The press release confirmed that the project will have a manga adaptation that will be published in the Comic NewType Digital Service of the Kadokawa publisher soon. The details about the personnel in charge of this adaptation will be disclosed at a later date.
Cast of voices
- Seiichirou Yamashita as Hosomicho Kudou, host of a club that works in an unmatched way in the Kabukichō district of Tokyo.
- Ai Fairouz as Rin Akagi, a fan of the Tokusatsu series.
- Aina Suzuki as Yuki Aoba, an idol underground.
- Shiori Izawa as Mass Kuroki, a genius girl who loves retro games.
- Masaomi Andou (Gakkougurashi!, Kuzu No Honkai, Jiboku Shounen Hanako-kun, Kanata No Astra) is responsible for the anime direction at Lerche studios.
- Makoto Uezu (Kuzu Non Honkai, Arslan Senki, Kengan Ashura) is in charge of writing and supervision of scripts.
- Akio Watanabe (GRISAIA NO KAJITSU, GRISAIA No Rakuen) is the original character designer, while Keiko Kurosawa (Kanata no astra, Kuzu no Honkai) is responsible for adapting these designs to animation.
- Yuusuke Shirato (Kimi to Fit Boxing, Kochoki, Lost Song) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack, under the audio address of Satoki IIDA.
Synopsis of Gyakuten Sekai No Denchi Shoujo
The story takes place in 2019, just before the change in the historical periods of Japan. A crack to another dimension was suddenly opened in the skies above, revealing an alternative world of "radical change" called "Shinkoku Nippon". This parallel version of Japan maintained its militarism and remains stagnant in the SHOWA era. Shinkoku Nippon invaded our Japan with its gas weapons "Genmu" (in which our own modern weapons have no effect) and humanoid giant weapons "Garan".
The invaders seized our government immediately and almost conquered Japan. As a result, our Japan never marked the beginning of the Reiwa era. A decade later, our Japan has been renovated as Genkoku Nippon, a puppet state of Shinkoku Nippon. Under a tough censorship, manga, anime, idol and similar subcultures that were once prosperous have disappeared completely ... or so it seemed.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 伽藍堂 / 「逆転 世界 ノ電池 少女」 製作 委員会