On the official site for the cinematographic adaptation of the novels written by Nahoko Uehashi, Shika No Ou, it was announced that the project will be titled Shika No Ou: Yuna to Yakusoku (The Deer King: Yuna and The Promised Journey) and that its premiere is Scheduled in the cinemas of Japan for next September 10. The statement also included a promotional video.
The film was originally scheduled to be released at Japanese cinemas on September 18, 2020, however, it had been postponed indefinitely due to various circumstances. Finally, Kadokawa originally published the novel through two simultaneous volumes launched in September 2014, and then re-published the series now distributed in four volumes between the months of June and July 2017.
Cast of voices
- Shinichi tsutsumi as they go, a lonely warrior who survives a mysterious disease that leads to the dead.
- Ryoma Takeuchi as Hohsalle, a genius doctor looking for a cure for illness.
- Anne as SAE, a skillful warrior who is trying to locate Van.
- Masashi Andou (Kimi No Na WA, Momo E No Tegami, Mononoke Hime) is responsible for the address of the feature film in the Production I.G studios.
- Masayuki Miyaji (Bounen No Xamdou, Fuse: Teppou Musume No Torimonochou) is responsible for addressing management, while Ando is also responsible for the design of characters.
- Taku Kishimoto (Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi, Fugou Keiji: Balance: Unlimited, Haikyuu !!) is responsible for the writing and supervision of the scripts.
Synopsis of Shika No Ou
Van is the head of a group of soldiers who were prepared to die fighting for their lands before a great empire that I sought to dominate them and annex them to their territory. However, instead of dying, Van is taken as a slave and taken to work at the salt mines. One night, a pack of mysterious dogs attacks the salt mines which unleashes a mysterious disease. During the attack, Van takes the opportunity to escape, but meet a girl. Meanwhile, in other places, it begins to spread the rumor that immigrants bring with them a mysterious disease and that they should be avoided. The Hossal Medical Scientist then decides to risk him to find a cure for the mysterious disease, at the same time that other doctors analyze a father and son who apparently survived the effects of it. The novels then tell the interconnected stories and the ties between those who fight against this cruel destination.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 2020 「鹿 の 王」 製作 委員会