The Japanese portal Anime Radar published the "Anime Residual Rate Ranking" for the premieres of the Winter-2021 season (January-March). Before presenting the results, it should be noted what the Residual Rate is. According to Anime Radar: "It is an index to calculate how much the number of viewers of the most recent episode has decreased with respect to the number of viewers in the first episode of a series." It could be defined in simple words as the percentage of viewers who are still watching the series compared to those who saw the first episode.
In this case, projects that are broadcast for two consecutive arcs / seasons are calculated relative to the broadcast of the first episode of the first arc / season. Titles that are issued for three or more consecutive arcs / seasons are considered “ineligible titles” due to the large amount of time that would elapse if the same principle was applied. To further understand this, the value of the first broadcast is considered 100%, thus, if the rate is greater than 100% then it indicates an increase in viewers.
Ranking de Retención según Anime Radar
- Osomatsu-san 3rd Season – 18.3%.
- Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon) – 24.8%.
- Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai) – 27.4%.
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou (Higurashi: When They Cry – Gou) – 28.4%.
- Hataraku Saibou Black (Cells at Work! Code Black) – 32.1%.
- Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (WAVE!! -Let’s go surfing!!-) – 37.8%.
- Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season (The Promised Neverland 2nd Season) – 44.4%.
- Soukou Musume Senki (LBX Girls) – 44.4%
- Hortensia Saga – 45.2%.
- Gotoubun no Hanayome 2nd Season (The Quintessential Quintuplets 2nd Season) – 45.5%
- Bungou Stray Dogs Wan! – 45.6%
- Skate-Leading Stars – 49.5%.
- Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai (Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table) – 51.4%.
- IDOLY PRIDE – 51.6%.
- Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I’m a Spider, So What?) – 56.3%.
- Urasekai Picnic (Otherside Picnic) – 58.2%.
- I★Chu: Halfway Through the Idol – 58.4%.
- World Trigger 2nd Season – 59.2%.
- Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun (Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki) – 60.6%.
- Back Arrow – 62.9%.
- Non Non Biyori Nonstop – 63.8%.
- Tenchi Souzou Design-bu (Heaven’s Design Team) – 64.9%.
- Uma Musume: Pretty Derby 2nd Season – 65.1%.
- Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari (Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?) – 65.7%.
- Horimiya – 68.4%.
- Beastars 2nd Season – 68.6%.
- Azur Lane: Bisoku Zenshin! (Azur Lane 4-koma: Slow Ahead!) – 68.8%.
- World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! (World Witches Take Off!) – 71.8%.
- Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season – 72.2%.
- Project Scard: Praeter no Kizu (Scar on the Praeter) – 72.2%.
- SHOW BY ROCK!! STARS!! – 72.3%.
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season – 73.2%
- Kemono Jihen – 73.3%.
- Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season) – 73.7%.
- Hataraku Saibou 2nd Season (Cells at Work! 2nd Season) – 75.1%.
- 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu (2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team) – 75.1%.
- Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan (The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement) – 76.5%
- Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon (The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter) – 77.3%
10. Otona no Bouguya-san 2nd Season (Armor Shop for Ladies & Gentlemen 2nd Season) – 77.8%
9. SK8 the Infinity – 80.3%
8. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation – 85.3%
7. Wonder Egg Priority – 87.7%
6. Kai Byoui Ramune (Dr. Ramune -Mysterious Disease Specialist-) – 88.9%
5. Yuru Camp 2nd Season (Laid-Back Camp 2nd Season) – 92.8%
4. EX-ARM – 93.4%
3. Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi (Redo of Healer) – 100%
2. Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 3rd Season – 126.2%
1. Jujutsu Kaisen – 130.5%
Source: Anime Radar