On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Yumi Tamura, 7SEEDS, a new promotional image for the second season was posted. The statement also reported that this second season will premiere on Japanese television in January 2021.
It is worth mentioning that the series already premiered exclusively on Netflix globally on March 26, in conjunction with the first season of the project, which premiered in June 2019 on Netflix and aired in January 2020 on television on Japan.
For its part, Tamura began the publication of the manga in Bessatsu Shoujo Comic magazine in 2001, before moving it to Monthly Flowers, and ended it in May 2017. Shogakukan publishing house compiled the work in a total of 35 volumes.
- Yukio Takahashi (Dog & Scissors) directed the anime at GONZO Studios.
- Touko Machida (The IDOLM @ STER, Chaika the Coffin Princess, Harukana Receive) was in charge of the series composition.
- Youko Satou (Dog & Scissors, Saiyuki Reload Blast, Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-) was in charge of character design.
- Mone Kamishiraishi performed the opening song with the single "From the Seeds."
- Rock band Cider Girl performed the ending song titled "Synchro."
In the immediate future, a giant meteorite has struck Earth. All living organisms, including humanity, have been wiped off the face of the planet. The government, which had anticipated this outcome, took steps to counter the worst possible scenario. In particular, it was Project 7SEEDS in which five groups of seven young men and women were carefully selected in teams (Spring, Summer A, Summer B, Fall and Winter). Each participant was subjected to a cryogenic sleep in hopes of preserving humanity's continued existence.When those men and women awoke, they suddenly found themselves in a cruel world. While they are dejected and grieving that they have lost their loved ones and everything they once held dear, they will look for ways to survive.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 2019 田村 由 美 ・ 小学 館 ／ 7SEEDS Project