On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Mohiro Kitoh, Bokurano, the release of a Blu-ray BOX package for January 27, 2021 in Japan was announced.
The package will include all 24 original episodes of the series originally aired between April and September 2007 in Japan and distributed on two Blu-ray discs. On the other hand, Kitoh published the manga in Shogakukan's Monthly Ikki magazine between November 2003 and June 2009, compiling the work in eleven volumes.
Cast of voices
- Junko Minagawa as Jun Ushiro.
- Akira Ishida as Koemushi.
- Tomokazu Sugita as Daiichi Yamura.
- Kouki Miyata as Kunihiko Moji.
- Ao Takahashi as Chizuru Honda.
- Shintaro Asanuma as Yousuke Kirie.
- Yuuko Sanpei as Yoko Machi.
- Yuka Iguchi as Mako Nakarai.
- Yumiko Higa as Maki Ano.
- Kenji Nojima as Kanji Yoshikawa.
- Hiroyuki Morita was in charge of directing the anime at GONZO Studios.
- Kenichi Konishi was in charge of character designs, while Shingo Natsume was in charge of mechanical design and animation direction.
- Yuuji Nomi was in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Chiaki Ishikawa performed the opening theme song, titled "Uninstall," as well as the two ending songs, "Little Bird" and "Vermillion."
When a strange man in a cave near the ocean offers a group of high school kids a chance to try a game he's developing, the kids find no reason not to. Who wouldn't want to pilot a huge robot and face enemies looking to destroy Earth? However, the boys discover that, instead of being a game, everything is completely real, as well as the enemies! The situation worsens when he discovers that the "contract" they signed to participate is full of unfavorable situations, since the robot it uses the life energy of its pilot to function. This means that even if the pilot wins, he will die; worse, if he loses, the world will be destroyed. Despair will take hold of a group of boys as they discover the rules of the contract that binds them, and as the true nature of the enemy is revealed, terror and the desperation to choose between surviving or doing the right thing will only increase.
Source: Official Site
(C) 2007 鬼頭 莫 宏 ・ 小学 館 ／ ゴ ン ゾ