On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Negi Haruba, Gotoubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets), the information about the musical themes of the second season was revealed, officially titled Gotoubun no Hanayome ∬. The announcement included a preview of the opening theme.
- The opening theme is titled “Gotoubun no Katachi (Five Equal Parts)” and will be performed by the main voice cast.
- The ending theme is titled “Hatsukoi (Difficulty)” and will also be performed by the main voice cast.
The series is scheduled to premiere in Japan on January 7, 2021, and a recent leak would have confirmed that it will have a total of twelve episodes. Its premiere was scheduled for October this year, however, due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production, the premiere was delayed until January 2021.
For his part, Haruba published the manga in Kodansha publisher's Weekly Shonen Magazine between August 2017 and February 2020. The publisher compiled the work in a total of fourteen volumes and the first season aired in Japan in January 2019 The manga is being published again in color in volume format since April 2020, and recently surpassed 13.5 million copies in circulation.
Cast of voices
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Fuutaro Uesugi.
- Kana Hanazawa as Ichika Nakano.
- Ayana Taketatsu as Nino Nakano.
- Miku Itou as Miku Nakano.
- Ayane Sakura as Yotsuba Nakano.
- Inori Minase as Itsuki Nakano.
- Kaori Fujita is directing the anime at Bibury Animation Studios, replacing Satoshi Kuwabara and Tezuka Productions.
- Keiichirou Ouchi is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masato Katsumata is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Hanae Nakamura is in charge of composing the score, in collaboration with Miki Sakurai.
Synopsis of Gotoubun no Hanayome
One day, poor high school student Fuutarou Uesugi receives a job as a tutor with excellent pay. An excellent opportunity to make money, right? Well, it turns out that his tutee is his classmate! And he will not only teach her but also her four sisters! Yes! They are quintuplets! They are all beautiful, but unlike their appearances, their attitudes are completely different. Will Fuutarou be able to get the Nakano quintuplets to graduate from high school successfully? Will he fall in love with any of them?
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 春 場 ね ぎ ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「五 等分 の 花嫁 ∬」 製作 委員会