On the official Twitter account for the live-action film based on the manga written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu, Yakusoku no Neverland, five new promotional visuals for the feature film were posted. In the order presented, the characters Emma, Ray, Norman, Isabella and Krone are shown.
The film maintains its scheduled premiere in theaters in Japan for December 18. For their part, Shirai and Demizu began publishing the manga in Shueisha publisher's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in August 2016 and ended it in June 2020. The publisher published the twentieth and final compiled volume on October 2.
Cast of actors
- The 19-year-old actress, Minami Hamabe (Menma in the live-action film AnoHana, protagonist in the live-action film Saki) plays Emma.
- 13-year-old actor Jyo Kairi (live-action Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Boku dake ga Inai Machi) plays Ray.
- 17-year-old actor Rihito Itagaki (Show By Rock musical !!) plays Norman.
- Keiko Kitagawa (Sailor Mars in the live-action series Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, Paradise Kiss) plays Isabella.
- Comedian Naomi Watanabe (Kanna Suzuku in the live-action series KANNAsa-n!) Plays Krone.
- Yuichito Hirakawa (Boku dake ga Inai Machi live-action film) is directing the feature film.
- Noriko Gotou is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
Yakusoku no Neverland (live-action) synopsis
Emma, Norman and Ray are the most outstanding boys of the orphanage “Grace Field House”. And under the care of the woman they call "Mom", all the boys have a pleasant childhood. Good food, comfortable clothes, and the perfect environment to thrive, what more could an orphan want? But one day, Emma and Norman discover the dark truth of the outside world that they were absolutely forbidden to see. (The movie changes the rule that orphans "leave" the orphanage when they turn 12, so that it is now at 16).
Source: Official Twitter Account
© 白 井 カ イ ウ ・ 出水 ぽ す か / 集 英 社 © 2020 映 画 「約束 の ネ バ ー ラ ン ド」 製作 委員会