A new promotional video for the project was revealed on the official site for the 3D CG animated film Stand By Me Doraemon 2. The video features the theme song "Niji" performed by Masaki Suda.
The film was scheduled to be released in theaters in Japan on August 7, but was postponed until November 20 due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production.
Cast of voices
- Wasabi Mizuta as Doraemon.
- Megumi Oohara as Nobita Nobi.
- Yumi Kakazu as Shizuka Minamoto.
- Tomokazu Seki as Suneo Honekawa.
- Subaru Kimura as Takeshi Gouda.
- Shikoko Hagino as Hidetoshi Dekisugi.
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Tamako Nobi.
- Yasunori Matsumoto as Nobisuke Nobi.
- Takashi Yamazaki is in charge of directing the feature film at Shirogumi Studios in collaboration with Shin-Ei Animation, as well as writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoki Satou is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Stand By Me Doraemon Synopsis
Nobita Nobi is an elementary school student who hates studying, is bad at sports and does everything by halves. He is an unfortunate person and fearful of many things, and his personality has made him a failure in life. This prompts his great-great-grandson, Sewashi, to take matters into his own hands. Sewashi travels back in time from the 22nd to the 20th century to meet Nobita, who is surprised to see him emerge from his drawer alongside a blue robotic cat. The cat calls himself Doraemon, and claims to have been pressured by Sewashi to help Nobita with the goal of bringing him happiness. Forced to stay, Doraemon helps Nobita by using futuristic gadgets through his magic pocket. Can they fulfill their mission?
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) Fujiko Pro / 2020 STAND BY ME Doraemon 2 Film Partners