Tenkuu Shinpan anime reveals new promo video
A new promotional video for the project was posted on the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written by Tsuina Miura and illustrated by Takahiro Oba, Tenkuu Shinpan (High-Rise Invasion). The video confirms that the series will premiere globally through the Netflix platform on February 25 and shows a fragment of the opening song performed by EMPiRE and titled "HON-NO."
The production was announced during the “Netflix Anime Festival 2020 ~ The Future of Anime, Together ~” event held in October 2020, as one of the many productions on this platform. Furthermore, Tsuina and Takahiro began publishing the manga on the Manga Box application in December 2013 and ended it in April 2019, with a total of 21 compiled volumes. A sequel entitled Tenkuu Shinpan Arrive has been in publication through the Kodansha publisher's Magazine Pocket application since July 2019.
Cast of voices
- Haruka Shiraishi as Yuri Honjou.
- Shiki Aoki as Nayuko Nise.
- Akira Sekine as Kuon Shinzaki.
- Junya Enoki as Rika Honjou.
- Yuichiro Umehara as Sniper Kamen.
- Masahiro Takada (Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom, Yes ka No ka Hanbun ka) is directing the anime at Zero-G Studios.
- Touko Machida (7 Seeds, Centaur no Nayami, Happy Sugar Life) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Youichi Ueda (Gangsta.) Is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Tatsuo and Youichi Sakai are in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- The band EMPiRE performs the opening song titled “HON-NO”, while the band Have a Nice Day! performs the ending song titled "Watashi no na wa Blue."
Tenkuu Shinpan Synopsis
Upon witnessing a man's head split open with an ax, 16-year-old Yuri Honjou trembles in fear and confusion as she flees from a masked assailant, only to discover that she is trapped in an abandoned building where all doors are mysteriously locked. Desperately searching for a way out, Yuri runs to the rooftop, but a world with no sign of life lies in front of her, surrounded by high-rise buildings. Though filled with despair, once she learns that her brother is also in that place, Yuri decides to look for it and leave together. However, she soon discovers that there are more masked killers in the area, eager to terrorize their new victims and quench her sickest desires.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 三浦 追 儺 ・ 大羽 隆 廣 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 天空 侵犯 製作 委員会