The Tokyo Anime Awards Festival (TAAF) event announced the winners of the Animation of the Year Award, with Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!) Winning in the TV series category and Violet Evergarden the Movie winning in the feature film category.
The individual award winners list:
- Best Original Project / Screenplay Category: Reiko Yoshida (Violet Evergarden the Movie, Liz to Aoi Tori, Kimi to Nami ni Noretara).
- Best Directing Category: Haruo Sotozaki (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tales of Zestiria the X).
- Best Animator Category: Akira Matsushima (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tales of Zestiria the X). It should be noted that last year he also got the same decoration.
- Best Scenarios Category / Coloring / Photography: Mikiko Watanabe (Violet Evergarden the Movie, Kyoukai no Kanata, Hibike! Euphonium, Liz to Aoi Tori). Posthumous award, after her death in the arson attack on Kyoto Animation, and the second consecutive time that she obtained the decoration.
- Best Soundtrack Category: Yuki Kajiura (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fate / Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld, Princess Principal). It should be noted that last year she also got the same award.
- Fan Award: IDOLiSH7 Second Beat !, this award is based on fan ratings.
The judges chose titles that premiered between October 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020, counting a total of 80 television series and twenty feature films. The awards event will take place between March 12-15 this year.