Different leaks in networks revealed the animated opening and closing sequences for the second season of the animated adaptation of the manga written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu, Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland). The opening sequence features the theme "Identity" performed by Kiro Akiyama.
The closing sequence features the theme song “Mahou”, performed by Myuk and composed by EVE.
The series has been on air in Japan since January 7, and a previous leak had already revealed that it would run for only one arc. For their part, Shirai and Demizu began publishing the manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in August 2016 and ended it in June 2020, with twenty volumes.
- Mamoru Kanbe (Denpa-teki na Kanojo, Elfen Lied, Subete ga F ni Naru) is directing the anime at CloverWorks Studios.
- Toshiya Oono (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen, Gatchaman Crowds, Houseki no Kuni) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiro Obata (Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine, Pandora to Akubi) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Kazuaki Shimada (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara.) Is in charge of animation direction and character design.
- Kiro Akiyama performs the opening song titled “Identity,” while Myuk performs the closing song titled “Mahou,” the latter composed by EVE.
Synopsis of Yakusoku no Neverland
At Grace Field House, life couldn't be better for the orphans. Together with the other children and a kind “mom” who cares about them, they make a big happy family. No child is ever overlooked, especially since they are all adopted at the age of 12. Their daily lives involve rigorous tests, but afterwards, they are allowed to play outside. There is only one rule they must obey: do not leave the orphanage. But one day, two high-scoring orphans, Emma and Norman, venture through the door and discover the horrible reality behind their entire existence: they are all cattle, and their orphanage is a farm to grow food for a mysterious race of demons . With little time to carry out an escape plan, the children must somehow change their destiny.
© 白 井 カ イ ウ ・ 出水 ぽ す か ／ 集 英 社 ・ 約束 の ネ バ ー ラ ン ド 製作 委員会