On the official Twitter account for Hiroko Utsumi's original anime and Bones Studios, SK8 the Infinity, the third promotional video for the project was posted. The video shows the skateboarding scenes of the characters Reki, Langa, and Shadow, among others, it shows a fragment of the closing theme titled "Infinity."
The series has its premiere scheduled in Japan for January 9, 2021, while the Funimation platform will distribute it with Spanish and Portuguese subtitles in Mexico and Brazil.
Cast of voices
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Reki.
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Ranga.
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Miya.
- Kenta Miyake as Shadow.
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Cherry Blossom.
- Yasunori Matsumoto as Joe.
- Takehito Koyasu as Adam.
- Kensho Ono as Atsushi Kikuchi.
- Hiroko Utsumi (Banana Fish, Free !, Free! Eternal Summer) is directing the anime at Bones Studios (Eureka Seven, Boku no Hero Academia).
- Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch, Planetes) is in charge of series composition as well as writing the scripts.
- Character designs are by Michinori Chiba (Mobile Suit Gundam 00).
- Musician Ryou Takahashi (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e, CITRUS) will be in charge of composing the soundtrack.
SK8 the Infinity Synopsis
The anime centers on Reki, a second-year high school student who loves to skateboard. One day, he is caught in "S", a dangerous skateboard race without rules that takes place in an abandoned mine. Ranga, who has returned to Japan after living for some time in Canada and has never skated before, also wraps in an “S” along with Reki. The plot will introduce us to different types of contestants in these races ranging from rookies, those who play dirty, and even skaters with artificial intelligence!
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) ボ ン ズ ・ 内海 紘 子 / Project SK∞