On the official site for adapting to the anime of the novel written by Tomihiko Morimi, Yojouhan Time Machine Blues, the cast of voices of the project was revealed and it was confirmed that it will be released in the year 2022 in Japan through of the Disney Plus platform. The Walt Disney Company will take care of its global distribution.
The press release also pointed out that the project will have a collector movie just after its issuance, and that the Disney Plus platform will offer a completely original episode in its catalog. This novel is a sequel to the novel Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy), which Morimi published in 2004 through the Editorial Ohta Publishing.
This novel inspired his own adaptation to the anime of eleven episodes produced by the Madhouse studios, under the direction of Masaaki Yuasa and scripts written by Makoto Ueda, released in April 2010. Finally, this new novel was published on July 29, 2020 in Japan and is inspired by the theatrical work of Makoto Ueda, Summer Time Machine Blues. Morimi wrote the novel and Ueda, close friend of the author, is credited with the original concept.
Cast of voices
- Shintarou Asanuma as the protagonist "I (Watashi)".
- Maaya Sakamoto as Akashi.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Ozu.
- Junichi Suwabe as Jougasaki.
- Yuko Kaida as Hanuki.
- Kazuya Nakai will play Higuchi, replacing the deceased Keiji Fujiwara.
- SHINGE NATSUME (ACCA: 13-KU Kansatsu-ka, Boogiepop WA Warawanai (2019), One Punch Man, Sonny Boy), who worked with Masaaki Yuasa in the first production, is responsible for the anime direction at the SCIENCE SARU studies.
- Makoto Ueda (Penguin Highway, Rilakkuma to Yuuhenchi, Yoru Wa Mijikashi Arukeyyo Otome) is in charge of writing and supervision of scripts.
- Yusuke Nakamura (Atarashii Sekai, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Yoru Wa Mijikashi Arukeyyo Otome) takes care of the design of characters.
Synopsis of Yojouhan Time Machine Blues
In the history of this sequel, the problematic friend of the protagonist of the original series, Ozu, fault the remote control of the air conditioning of the apartment building, in the middle of summer. Students begin to wonder what to do in this situation and make a plan with Akashi. However, a student arrives 25 years from the future, and the protagonist will travel in time to get the remote control without breakdowns of the past.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 2021 Kadokawa All Rights Reserved.